Dog Sitter Boca Raton
Jill’s Next Door is the Dog Sitter Boca Raton Needs!
Do you spend long hours at work leaving very little time for your pet? Are you planning to go on vacation or a business trip and wondering how to take care of your pet while you are away? Jill’s Next Door is the answer! We exceed our clients’ expectations, and their pets adore us!
If you are looking for the perfect dog sitter Boca Raton has to offer, and want to know how to find them, follow the below tips. We are certain you will see why Jill’s Next Door is the right choice.
Do Your Research
- Check Online – If you do a simple search online for the best dog sitter Boca Raton, a lot of names will pop up. You can check their reviews and recommendations from other clients to help you make up your mind.
- Ask For Referrals From Other Dog Owners – If you know friends, relatives, neighbors or colleagues who are pet owners in Boca Raton, you need to know if they know any good dog sitters in the area. Ask about their experience working with the dog sitters and if they would recommend the same to other pet owners.
- Write Down A List Of Credentials – Once you have a list of dog sitters in Boca Raton, you need to write down the credentials they should possess. For instance, a good dog sitter should have liability insurance, formal training, connections to veterinarian or emergency services and also a list of references.
- Shortlisting Potential Dog Sitter – Here, you need to take into account your own needs as a dog owner and what you expect the dog sitter to do for you. For instance, if your pet has any medical problems, don’t forget to include it. Also, write down the specific times when you need a dog sitter such as at night, during the day or when you are away on trips.
- Comparing Prices – Ask for price estimates from different dog sitters then start comparing prices. Make sure you look for someone in your price range. You should know your budget and how much you are willing to spend on dog sitter and hire those who fall within that range. Keep in mind that the price is also reflective on the service you receive. Try to find someone fair, but will not short change you!
Doing The Interviews
- Ask Why They Love Dog Sitting – You should be able to assess whether the dog sitter loves their job or not. The best one shouldn’t hesitate answering and should be enthusiastic or animated to give you an answer. That means, they will be dedicated to your pet during the job.
- What Type Of Dog Sitting Services Can They Offer – If your dog has special needs, your dog sitter should be able to take care of your pet accordingly. Does your dog need grooming too? Make sure the sitter can offer the same.
- Training And Experience – A good dog sitter with the necessary experience and training can offer emergency services whenever needed. Ask about their training and experience to find out if they are a good match for your dog sitting needs.
- Insured – It’s prudent to hire a dog sitter who is insured. Those who work with an agency should be insured through the same. If an accident happens when you are away, you will not be liable for anything so make sure the insurance policy is valid too.
- Meet Your Dog’s Special Needs – If your dog needs any special care while you are away, your dog sitter should be able to meet them. Mention these special needs during the interview and watch the sitter’s reaction. If they are intimidated about the special needs aspect, they are not good for the job. Make sure they are confident and ready to attend to whatever your dog needs.
- What To Do In An Emergency – You need to hire a sitter who can handle things accordingly, especially during an emergency. A good dog sitter should have a carefully laid plan in the event of an emergency. If you find a sitter with some vet experience, it’s a good thing. However, if they don’t have any vet experience, they should know what to do when the dog is injured.
Choosing The Right One For The Job
Now that you have interviewed potential sitters, you need to choose the right one for the job. It should start to become evident that Jill’s Next Door is the best choice. Start by contacting their references and find out if they would recommend the sitter to new clients. You can also allow the sitter to meet your dog and see if they bond right from the start.
Finally, you can take a look at the price structure to see if there is any room for negotiation. That way, you are not breaking the bank when paying for a good sitter. Now you can create a contract and have the sitter read through before signing it. Don’t forget to have a backup plan in case the dog sitter you choose falls through the last minute.